An Update on Our COVID-19 Procedures
We understand that this is an anxious time for many, but we wanted to assure you that Irving Pet Hospital is doing everything we can to accommodate our patients and their human companions, while also taking strong steps to ensure the safety of everyone involved.
It’s become clear that we all have to make sacrifices to protect ourselves and our families. Read on for more information about how we’re conducting business differently as our community prepares to reopen:
- Please take note we will only be open Monday – Friday from 8:30 am to 6 pm. We are still closed Saturdays until further notice.
- Dr. Fong, Dr. Tumang, and Dr. Lau are now available to see appointments.
- We are accepting appointments for all veterinary services.
- Our surgical hours have been expanded on a case by case basis.
- Doors will remain locked until further notice.
- No one will be allowed in the waiting room.
- When you arrive at the hospital with your pet, please call us to inform the staff you are outside.
- A member of our staff will come out and get your pet while you remain in your vehicle during the exam.
- Dr. Fong will either call or video call you during the exam.
- You will receive a verbal estimate of appointment costs at that time.
- When the appointment is over, a staff member will bring your pet to your car, where payment will then be collected.
These measures are meant to minimize face-to-face interaction, thereby decreasing the possibility of transmission of the virus. Please keep in mind that we are still operating on appointment only.
To ensure our patients continue to get the best veterinary care possible while practicing social distancing, we will also be offering telemedicine to our clients through the Airvet app. We acknowledge that telemedicine may not be as thorough as an in-person visit to your veterinarian, but you’ll be able to set up a virtual appointment with us on the app to get fast and reliable answers via video call and chat.
If you have an emergency, please contact the nearest emergency hospital, Animal Internal Medicine and Specialty Services (AIMSS) located at 1333 9th Avenue, San Francisco.
The entire staff wants to let you know we appreciate your understanding of these necessary changes. We are putting our health at risk to ensure that we are here to help your four-legged family members during these unprecedented times. Every day gives us an opportunity to improve our situation and look out for each other. If we solve enough problems, we can all get through this. Our thoughts and hearts are with each of you during this time.
For detailed information regarding the city’s coronavirus guidelines, please click here.
Download the Airvet app to connect with our veterinarians virtually. We will be available on the app during our current business hours (Monday to Friday 8:30 am – 6 pm)